Going “out on your own” doesn’t mean you have to be out all alone!
We know the challenges and fears of starting a business, and we’re there with you! We know that what may seem as a huge endeavor is actually just a matter of taking a series of steps—one at a time. Our Single Steps program is targeted to current or “wannabe” solopreneurs in consulting or other small service-based businesses. We specialize in assisting during the start-up and early stages of business development.
“Harriet has truly been an inspiration to me! By working with her, I have been able to address and eliminate my fears
about starting a business and choosing a niche, and successfully get my practice off and running. She has a wonderful,
easy-going demeanor, but gives you that gentle nudge exactly when you need it. I can’t thank her enough for helping me to see my true potential!”
--2007 business coaching client
The Small Business Administration estimates that up to 90% of new businesses fail within the first year. Often it’s because new entrepreneurs have some of the skills to run a business, but not all. Some are great planners and organizers, but don’t know what it takes to close a sale. Some are born salespeople, but don’t put a marketing strategy in place and end up chasing one customer at a time. The pieces you need to have in place for any type of business are similar. We call them the Stepping Stones to Business.
Let us help you customize a program of assistance that will ensure you have all
the steps in place!
- Vision and Planning: understanding where you’re at, and where you want to end up
- Self Leadership: the use of personal energy; self mentoring; assessing skills and gaps; managing burnout
- Marketing Plan:
- understanding your target customer
- defining products, services, prices
- creating a message
- generating leads: networking, public speaking, advertising, referrals,
public relations, writing, strategic alliances, etc.
- creating collateral materials: business cards, brochures, websites, etc.
- qualifying leads
- describing benefits
- overcoming objections
- closing the sale
- Business Structure: making it legitimate, legal, and protected
- Back office: setting up accounting, systems, support
- Time Management and Organization: keeping it all together
- Individual Coaching
- Group or team coaching
- Assessments: Energy Leadership Index (ELI)
- Public Speaking for associations, clubs, and groups
“Harriet’s coaching allowed me to emerge with the best course of action when I was facing a confusing variety of business growth options. Her coaching and ongoing encouragement allowed me to be completely confident that the best alternative was selected. Time has proven that this was, indeed, the best decision for me. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking clarity when making important life decisions.
--2006 business coaching client